Lake Placid New York

Lake Placid New York
Fall Ride 2010-Keene Valley, NY

Friday, November 5, 2010

MC Stands for Merry Christmas AND MotorCycle

My Christmas wish lists usually revolve around whatever it is I have taken an interest in for the months preceding the holidays. Last year was a camping wish list year. This year it's the motorcycle.

Most of what I'm looking for is small but they are the little things I think would make my riding experience that much more fun! So my wish list consisted of:

A thermometer from Clocks4Bikes to match my clock
A new balaclava that doesn't have the furry collar
Motorcycle cover
Throttle Buddy
Grip heaters

I've been doing a lot more cold weather riding this year and I really love it but my hands don't stay warm no matter what I try. My Memphis Shade windshield doesn't do much to keep the wind off my hands. Blaise has a nice contact on his Kawasaki forum that has a nice deal on heated grips so we're both taking advantage of it. And I need the thermometer so I can brag that I was riding in really cool-cold weather. It's those little things that make me smile!

I had my  present part of Christmas in May and again in August when I purchased first the Virago and then the Boulevard. Now I'm just getting the little things that make me grin more through my rides.

I'm thinking that next year I'm going to ask to move south so our riding season is a bit longer. I don't know what the chances are of that but I'm going to ask anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment