Lake Placid New York

Lake Placid New York
Fall Ride 2010-Keene Valley, NY

Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's Spring????

April 3, 2011 and my bike is still sitting in the garage- clean, fluids changed, saddle bags on- ready to ride. Only it hasn't been above 50 degrees yet and the wind has been gusting to 30 mph for the last two sunny days.


These are excellent reasons to move south- at least to the mid-Atlantic area where spring actually comes- well- in spring time. The short riding season of upstate NY is frustrating to many. I'm reading blog post after blog post about how it's "getting here"- it being spring. I did see some hearty souls out on bikes today and I give them kudos. I seriously thought about a ride today but having those huge wind gusts kind of put me off. I really didn't want to get on the bike for the first time this year and have to fight against the wind.

My bets are that Easter weekend will be the nice one. We might just take the bikes out and take a chance on a dinner somewhere. Even holidays are second to getting a ride in at this point.

Hopes for the future- a riding season that starts in late February and goes until early December- if not longer. But I want to avoid those horrid humid days in the summer. So we'll be scoping out the south-western corner of North Carolina this fall. Hopefully we can make a move there and our bikes will see less of the garage and more of the road.

1 comment:

  1. I keep checking those Carolina area job postings, nothing yet but I have hope. Heated gear will have to do for the moment...

    ReplyDelete