Lake Placid New York

Lake Placid New York
Fall Ride 2010-Keene Valley, NY

Friday, May 27, 2011

First it Was Snow...Now It's Rain!

I would swear we had the longest winter in history this year. The snow never seemed to end in upstate New York and the riding season began much later than we like (well, that happens every year anyway but this year was ridiculous).

I was optimistic when I purchased the Tour Master heated vest- I thought we would be riding in some cool mornings in April. Instead Blaise was still shoveling snow. So the one time I did wear the vest for a ride I was sweating. Now I'm being optimistic about late fall rides.

We had one nice day when I didn't have to drag a ton of stuff to work so I rode. This is something I want to do more often but with grocery store stops, client paperwork, etc. taking the bike isn't always convenient. I also don't have great places to park it.

We did work a two-up ride in when we delivered our F150 to a new owner. Blaise followed me to Plattsburg and then we rode home together on the Connie. Although we hit some rain it was a good ride, proving to us that our gear is mostly weather-proof and comfortable in those conditions. We also made a nice day ride to Massachusetts to look at a Class C rv that we have decided to purchase. Although we took the slabs there we decided on some alternate roads home and had a 330 mile day of riding.

So we've worked in some riding between the raindrops and will have to just keep doing so until the weather pattern changes. I see bikes out there even in downpours. We know we have the gear for it, but I still shake my head  when I see it. Getting caught in the rain is one thing- starting out in it is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment